It is the Alworth Building.
Here are some fun facts from Emporis:
- Named for Marshall Alworth, an important Duluth industrialist in the decades around 1900. Heavily involved in the timber industry, he owned large parcels in the Mesaba Range where much of the iron ore used for steel production in the United States originated.
- The Alworth Building was the tallest commercial building in Minnesota from 1910 until 1914, whenÂ 501 Marquette in Minneapolis was completed.
- The windows on the top floor are oval, and topped with lion’s head sculptures.
- The Alworth Building is the only Daniel Burnham-designed high-rise in the state of Minnesota. He was one of the most important designers of early skycrapers.