The Co-op closes at 9 p.m. I took this photo at 10 p.m. Note the ice-globes to the right. They have LED lights inside of the ice. See story here. The man who made them, Walter Sipila, calls them orbs.Â If you want to make ice orbs follow this link for the directions. How to make ice orbs
It raining in January.
This is January? Record temps today, rain in forecast
Update: International Falls set a new temperature record of 48 degrees for the date. The previous record was 41 degrees, set last year.
By: John Myers, Duluth News Tribune
Temperatures soared into the 40s across the Northland on Thursday under clear skies, sunshine and southerly winds, making it feel more like April than mid-January.
Here are some fast facts:
- 300,00 passengers annually
- 3 major carriers: Delta, United and Allegiant Airlines
- 10,162 foot runway, the second largest in Minnesota
- 110,000 square feet
- Design elements simulate water and woods, curve represents a wave of water
- Exterior panel color of building reminiscent of the William A. Irving ore boat parked in the Duluth harbor